Here I will guide you through how to cut cement board at home and use it anywhere you want. But be careful and these can hurt you if you make a slight mistake. So with that let’s begin.
First, know what tools and materials you need to start the work so that you can finish the project in due time. Okay.
Tools and Materials Needed
So arrange these tools. Buy them from your nearest hardware store or get them from your neighbors. Here is what you will need.
- A quality Circular Saw to cut the board smoothly. The diamond-tipped blade is ideal for this project but you are free to choose any other cutter. It is up to you.
- A pencil.
- A good knife for a precise cut.
- A straight edge to guide you in the cutting process.
- A safety glasses to make yourself safe.
- A face mask to repel dust.
- Hand gloves.
Go them? Okay now let’s cut the cement board by following the below steps.
How to Cut Cement Board (Step by Step)
Okay, get your safety gear on and start the measurement.
- Measure the dimensions you need for your project and mark them precisely using a pencil. Double-check it for any fault.
- Now get a knife and score the surface of the cement board. Apply a bit of pressure with your hand to cut a slight portion of the board. So that when you use the saw it does not slip and break the cement board. Okay!
- Now use your handsaw or any say to cut it down by following the mark. Remember to hold the cement board properly so that it does not break apart and destroy your board.
- Then smooth the edges using sandpaper. Rub it hard till it feels like a smooth floor.
- Then what! clean up your mess and continue it if you have more cement boards to cut down.
This is the simplest way to cut down a cement board at home without any professional help just like me.
Now follow the below steps to cut the cement board more accurately especially if you have never done it previously.
Follow these Steps for an Accurate Cut
Okay, now you know how to cut cement board at home. It is time to get a PRO using the following tips (by me).
- First and foremost, use the right blade for cutting. Not every balance will fit the cement board. Some will break out and some with make a big mess by creating a lot of dust. Choose a diamond blade for this project for a smooth cut.
- Do not hurry. Take your time while cutting it. If you hurt you may break the board. So get calm and then try the work of measurement and cutting.
- Before you use your handsaw, score deeply so that the saw fits properly on the board. It will help prevent slipping and breaking the whole cement board.
- Hold tightly when cutting the board or use a machine to do the holding for you. You know why!
- And most importantly wear protective gear. You never know what may hurt you. So be careful and do not be a Hero.
If you follow these tips, I am sure you will always become successful in cutting the cement board at home without hurting yourself.
I am going to say again, that safety is your most priority. So do not compromise with it. Follow these simple steps to cut down the cement board and use it as you like. I wish you the best of luck.
What are you waiting for? Get back to work.
Pin it / Save it for later
Follow Me on PINTEREST for More Ideas.